sábado, 15 de octubre de 2016

Free time and invitations

Hi buddies, 
Here you have some sentences that are quite useful at the hour of speaking about free time. Please check them out. 

Free time

1. What kind of music do you listen to?
2. Do you play a musical instrument? Which?
3. What TV programmes do you watch?
4. Do you do any sport or exercise? What?
5. What kind of magazine or books do you read?
6. How often do you go to the cinema?
7. What did you do last weekend?
8. How often do you go to the cinema?
9. What did you do last weekend?


On the other hand, last week we were learning about the way that people have to invite someone to do something. This is of key importance in English and you should learn some sentences as a consequence. Here you have some of them that you might use in a conversation:

Inviting:

  • Do you want to go to the movies tonight?
  • Would you like to go to the theater tomorrow?
  • Would you be interested in going to the the stadium next Sunday?
  • How do you fancy going to the the restaurant for dinner?
  • How about going to the movies?
  • Care to come over for lunch?
  • I was just wondering if you would like to come over for a drink.
  • We'd be delighted to have you over for my birthday party.

Accepting invitations:

  • Sure. What time?
  • I'd love to, thanks.
  • That's very kind of you, thanks.
  • That sounds lovely, thank you.
  • What a great idea, thank you.
  • Sure. When should I be there?

Declining invitations:

  • invitationI can't.  I have to work.
  • This evening is no good.  I have an appointment.
  • I'm busy tomorrow.  Can I take a rain check* on that? 
  • That's very kind of you, but actually I'm doing something else this afternoon.
  • Well, I'd love to, but I'm already going out to the restaurant.
  • I'm really sorry, but I've got something else on.
  • I really don't think I can - I'm supposed to be doing something else

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario